October 19, 2018
The Company sells over 1,000 sports nutrition-focused SKUs. Categories include fat loss, amino acids/BCAA, bars, cookies and snacks, pre-workout products and protein. The Company offers the lowest pricing among its peers which, combined with effective daily promotional strategies, resulted in over 19,000 new customers acquired in 12 months. The Company’s website sees about 20,000 visitors per day and generates 96% of sales, with the other 4% coming from eBay and Amazon. Customer acquisition cost is about $5, an amount recovered from the first sale – and many times over in subsequent purchases.
The Company promotes blowout sales of products that are short-dated and/or overstocked by manufacturers at an average discount of 50%, drawing more traffic to its website. Close geographical proximity to many of its customers and suppliers allows the Company to quickly buy and turn product and can list new or short-dated products well before other sites.